What should I do if I am concerned that a child or teen may sexually abuse another child?

FAQ Category:
Children's Behaviors

Act now, if you are worried that your son or daughter or another child may be sexually harming another child.

Get help from a professional therapist immediately and develop a family safety plan to address the concerning behaviors. By taking action, you will reduce the risk that other children in your community or family will be sexually abused. And, prompt intervention can get a child with sexual behavior problems the treatment he or she needs to grow into a productive member of our community. Healing from child sexual abuse is possible with treatment and support. There are resources throughout the country that can help a family through this difficult situation.

For information, guidance and resources, visit our Online Help Center.

Learn More

Return to FAQs