Support Our Work
Make a difference for children and families
Every child has a right to a safe and nurturing childhood. But for many children, sexual abuse is an all-too-common occurrence. In the U.S., one in 10 children is sexually abused – and more than 50% of these cases involve children younger than 12. It doesn’t have to be this way.
Together, we can change the statistics. We know child sexual abuse is preventable. And we know that responsible adults are in the best position to keep children safe from harm.
Stop It Now! prevents child sexual abuse by giving adults, families and communities the tools they need to take action and protect children, especially before they are harmed. Our Helpline and information helps protective adults create safety plans, prepare for difficult conversations and identify steps to take to keep children safe and healthy. We provide the tools, support and guidance to help adults feel confident and prepared to provide the safest environments possible for children and youth. We need your help to continue delivering resources, providing support, and caring for children.
Give with confidence
Stop It Now! is a tax-exempt, charitable organization under IRS Code Section 501(c)(3). Our tax ID number is 04-3150129 and your gifts are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. For more info, click here.
Your gift helps adults and communities better care for children by providing vital information, practical tools, specialized resources, and guidance to parents, professionals and all concerned adults. Your donation helps fund our free Helpline, providing coverage for our phone, chat and email service. In 2018, our Helpline responded to over 1670 inquiries for help in personal situations involving children’s sexual safety. In the past two years, over 1,700,000 people visited the Stop It Now! website for information about sexual abuse prevention. Your generous donation keeps our information current, accurate and accessible.
Here’s what grateful Helpline and website visitors have said after reaching out for help:
"I was feeling lost and on the verge of breaking down, and the (helpline consultant) calmed me, got me thinking clearly and gave me resources and more ways to open communication with sources that would help."
"Thanks again so much for providing this service. It isn't something you truly appreciate until you are the worried parent in the position of not knowing where to turn!"
"The quick, informative, and sympathetic response validated my concerns and has made me determined to report suspected child sexual abuse as soon as possible."
Your gift sustains our vital programs and services, in the equivalent of:
- $25 - a new Advice Column, which we publish monthly to answer common questions about keeping children safe and healing from abuse.
- $50 - updates to our extensive resource library to reflect findings from our work and the latest research.
- $100 - one hour of Helpline operations, during which time we help an average of three people with individualized guidance to protect children.
- $250 - outreach to more than 20,000 people through our news, listservs and social media channels to share vital resources, roleplays and more to keep parents and professionals informed.
- $500 - the cost to produce a webinar – from content development to research to production – that expands discussion on child sexual abuse and equips parents and providers to protect children.
Mail: Download, print and mail your completed Donation Form with check (payable to "Stop It Now!") or credit card information. Our mailing address is 351 Pleasant St., Suite B-319, Northampton MA 01060.
Matching gifts: Does your company have a matching gifts program? Many do so check out how you can increase the impact of your gift with the help of your employer. Contact your employer for a matching gift form and mail the completed form to us along with your donation or use the employer matching option on our online donation page.
Named gift: Celebrate a birthday, promotion at work or special accomplishment by making a named gift in someone's honor! A donation can be used to congratulate or honor special events or people in your life. Your gift to keep children safe is a meaningful way to remember someone or express thanks. We will notify the honored person with a card and your good wishes.
Set up your own fundraiser:
- Looking for a new way to commemorate an anniversary, or significant event or person? Ask your friends to donate to Stop It Now! instead of gifts. Set up a Facebook fundraiser for Stop It Now!. (For step by step instructions, click here.)
- Using our peer to peer online fundraising platform, turn your everyday events into fundraising opportunities. Running a marathon? Competing in an event? Hold a golf tournament! Designate Stop It Now! as your personal charity for your event and we’ll provide swag and incentives.
- Join with your neighbors and have a garage sale, a car wash, or even a bake sale and donate the earnings to Stop It Now!. Download the Stop It Now! fundraising kit and you can easily set up your own campaign to raise money for Stop It Now! and we’ll supply Stop It Now! bumper stickers.
- Casino Nights, Auctions, Talent Shows, Dances, other ideas? Contact us and tell us about your fundraiser idea, and we’ll help you get set up. Click here for some creative ideas to get you started.
Ways to give as part of every day life:
- Amazon Smile: AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Stop It Now! every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price straight to Stop It Now!.
- Goodshop: Goodshop is an online shopping mall that donates a percent of your purchase price to Stop It Now! when you shop at one of 3,000+ partner stores including top retailers like Target, Expedia, and Staples. You can also find 25,000+ active discounts and money-saving coupons so you can save money and give back at the same time!. Start by clicking here and searching for “Stop It Now!".
- Vehicle Donation to Any Charity (V-DAC): Do you have an old car, truck, boat or RV that’s been sitting in your driveway taking up space for too long? Why not get rid of it and support Stop It Now! at the same time! V-DAC will come pick up any vehicle - running or not – including cars, trucks, motorcycles, RV’s, boats, airplanes, heavy equipment, farm machinery, etc – you get a tax deduction, and you avoid the cost and hassle of repairing or selling a car you no longer want. Visit the V-DAC website to learn more.
Questions? To discuss other giving options or to make donations in-kind, of stock or by bequest, please contact us directly by phone (413.587.3500 ext. 2) or by email.
Since 2004, Stop It Now! has continued to meet the strict standards for national program coverage and low administrative costs required for participation in the world's largest workplace giving program - the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) for employees of the US Federal Government. Federal, Military or Postal Service employees can join thousands of others who want to keep children safe from sexual abuse. Please designate your support to us under our alternate business name, "Child Sex Abuse Prevention and Protection Center" or find us under CFC #12223.