Resources for parents and caregivers to help keep children safe
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, which has caused more families to be isolated at home, Stop It Now! is sharing tools and strategies for navigating these unprecedented times, while keeping children's sexual safety a priority.
It’s more important than ever to practice safety planning and to speak up about any concerns we have about behaviors and situations that put children at risk. Our confidential Helpline remains open during regular hours (12am – 6pm ET, M-F) to help with any concerns about children’s safety, and you can contact our Helpline via email or review our resources at any time.
Video Series: Safety in COVID-19 Times
This series aims to help adults navigate warning signs in others and themselves, and to respond safely and responsibly.
- Video One: "Should my daughter be alone with her brother?"
- Video Two: "I'm worried about my boyfriend's behavior with my daughter."
- Video Three: "I know a pedophile. What should I do?"
- Video Four: "How can I stay safe with my own behaviors during quarantine?"
- Video Five: "My son had his pants down in front of his laptop, what now?"
- Video Six: Mother concerned step-father poses a risk to daughter
Read past Stop It Now! communications specific to COVID-19
Additional News, Resources and Information
- "Advice for people at risk of committing a sexual or violent offence while in social isolation," (Kieran McCartan, PhD, & David Prescott, LICSW, Sexual Abuse: A Journal of Research and Treatment)
- Responding to Child Abuse During a Pandemic: 25 Tips for MDTs (Zero Abuse Project)
- COVID-19 State Child Welfare and Related Health Resources
- NEW RESOURCE PACK: POSITIVE PARENTING IN COVID-19 ISOLATION (End Violence Against Children)
- Can coronavirus teach us how to end violence against children? (Elena Gaia, World Vision)
- Stay safe at home. Stay safe online. (End Violence Against Children)
- Americans can help DOJ fight child exploitation amid pandemic (Assistant Attorney General Beth A. Williams)
- Helping Others in Trying Times webinar series: Preventing Child Sexual Abuse in the COVID-19 Era (Hosted by David Prescott, with guest speaker Jenny Coleman)
- Child Welfare Worker Safety in the Time of COVID-19: CDC Recommendations for In-Person Interactions with Families (webinar)
- CDC Info on Childcare, Schools and Youth Programs
Sign-up for e-alerts to stay up to date on new resources and tools.