All Circles of Safety trainings are adaptable for any youth-serving program. It is vital to understand the personal environment of the organization. Every training includes planning and customization through use of leadership meetings, focus groups, and program policy and practice reviews. This is a highly hands-on and personalized training experience. Contact us at training [at] stopitnow.org for pricing and more information.
Circles of Safety: Awareness to Action
(8 hour/full day training)
Awareness to Action is a foundational training introducing key sexual abuse prevention concepts and skills, preparing staff and professional caregivers working with youth and their families to confidently and knowledgably know when to speak up and take actions to address children’s sexual safety.
Through lecture, reflection exercises and group activities, participants will learn how to support children’s healthy and safe sexual development; identify and respond to warning signs in children and adult’s behaviors in their program; and design safety plans to address safe boundaries, privacy, consent and respect . Handbooks and safety tool templates included.
Circles of Safety: Creating a Culture of Prevention
(16 hour/2 day training)
This combination of program-wide staff training with an additional day of mentored leadership training supports and guides youth-serving organizations to adopt practices, policies and procedures to sustain prevention activities, increasing safety for the (clients, students, foster children) they serve.
Participants in program-wide training will learn key principles for sexual abuse prevention, including how to support children’s healthy and safe sexual development; identify and respond to warning signs in children and adult’s behaviors in their program; and design safety plans to address safe boundaries, privacy, consent and respect.
Program leadership training begins to develop a program prevention vision, initiate assessment of their organization’s practices to keep children safe and create an action plan. Participants will be able to identify and begin implementation planning for critical components of safety planning. Follow-up cyber sessions to support the continuous engagement with prevention action plan development and implementation are built in, and handbooks and safety tool templates are included.
Circles of Safety: Train the Trainer
(8 hour/full day training)
Train the trainer offers community and youth-serving organizations the training and tools they need to train their own staff and program stakeholders. This program trains organization representatives to be able to facilitate two separate workshops within their organization and to members served by their organization: Recognizing and Responding to Children’s Sexual Behaviors and Recognizing and Responding Adult’s Sexual Behaviors.
Participants will receive a trainer’s manual and presentation materials. Participants will be eligible for a 3 year certification as a Circles of Safety Community Presenter. Note: Circles of Safety: Awareness to Action is a prerequisite.
All Trainings Include:
- Customization for specialized settings
- Consultation pre/post training including needs assessment
- Web conference set up if applicable
- Satisfaction audience post survey
- Recorded webinar and/or chat transcript if applicable
- Certificates of completion
- Handout binder
- Online adaptation of training modules
- Consulting and technical assistance to review, plan and integrate prevention planning
- Follow up educational and supportive booster sessions
- Branded materials (refer to Now! licensing)
- Expanded evaluation
- Yearly ½ day renewal training to maintain current Circles of Safety Community Presenter (refer to Now! licensing)
We offer both a Program Sponsor Model and a Host Model:
- Program Sponsor Model - Program hosting the training pays for all costs. Stop It Now! is available to assist with programs on grant applications and other funding activities.
- Program Host Model - Hosting site partners with Stop It Now! to offer Circles of Safety to programs and individuals from external community programs. The fee for attendance is determined based on recouping the cost of the providing the training in full, including Now!’s travel. In partnership, a fee and number of required participants is decided.