Job Posting: Administration and Communications Associate
Stop It Now! is seeking a full time Administration and Communications Associate
Under the direction of the Stop It Now! Director, is responsible for the day-to-day administrative and business operations, as well as responsibilities in program development and communications. This is a full-time position.
- Promote Mission: Affirms and upholds the mission, philosophy, policies and vision of the agency.
- Diversity: Promotes and ensures equality, diversity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work by valuing our workforce, clients and community. Demonstrates respect, sensitivity and ability to collaboratively work with individuals and groups from diverse populations and organizations.
- Professional Behavior: Embodies professionalism and initiative in execution of job responsibilities.
- Growth: Is receptive to feedback, willing to learn, and strives for continuous improvement.
- Integrity/Honesty: Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner. Shows consistency in words and actions. Models high standards of ethics.
- Interpersonal Skills: Treats others with courtesy, sensitivity, and respect. Considers and responds appropriately to the needs and feelings of different people in different situations.
- Flexibility: Is open to change and new information; rapidly adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Time Management: Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Computer and Internet Proficiency: Comfortable with word, excel, PowerPoint. Comfortable on a variety of electronic platforms, including zoom, various social media and others.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and analyzes problems; weighs relevance and accuracy of information; generates and evaluates alternative solutions; makes recommendations.
- Relationships: Forms RICH (respect, information, connection and hope) relationships with diverse clients, fellow employees and stakeholders.
- Judgment: Exhibits the use of consistently sound judgment. Ability to identify and respond to shifting priorities.
- Communication: Exhibits the use of excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable using virtual technology in communication.
- Comfortable: Ability to engage in a work environment dealing with the sensitive content and needs specific to sexual abuse
- Independence: Demonstrates the ability to function independently.
- Knowledge: Demonstrate knowledge and willingness to learn online platforms, such as Linked In, Twitter, Constant Contact and others.
- Conflict Management: Encourages creative tension and differences of opinions. Anticipates and takes steps to prevent counter-productive confrontations. Manages and resolves conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
Use of Capabilities: (illustrated by typical activities)
- Provide Administrative support to office and programs
- Support all online communication, especially related to marketing, development and other programs.
- Assume major responsibility for managing website content using a content management system.
- Provide financial administration support to core projects and services, tracking and reporting on grant and donor activity.
- Maintain donor information using a constituent relationship management program.
- Manage workplace giving campaigns, annual and special donor appeals, and track and process other fundraising and donation platforms and campaigns.
- Assist in developing and publicizing campaigns on child sexual abuse prevention.
- Support training program through marketing, registration and tracking activities
- Plan, write, and implement communications such as newsletters and action alerts.
- Assist in developing initiatives to increase organizational and individual membership.
- Research issues, topics and communication strategies related to campaigns and projects.
Must complete 5 hours of professional development in addition to the required trainings each calendar year.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
In the execution of assigned responsibilities authority is full and clear subject to the limits of sound professional principles and practices, agency policies and procedures and the directives of the Director of Stop It Now!
- Ability to type at least 60 words per minute.
- Extensive knowledge of office management procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to maintain excellent records, including using technology and databases.
- Ability to work across a range of work tasks, managing multiple tasks to deadlines.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, in business administration and/or communication related studies.
- 1+ years of experience working with website maintenance, communications and donation online platform management (i.e. Constant Contact, Classy) and social media platforms (i.e Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linked In).
- 1+ years of experience in office administration.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Work Location: South Deerfield, MA (although some remote work may be necessary due to COVID regulations)
Benefits Condition: Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to jcoleman [at] stopitnow.org.