All adults are responsible for creating safe communities where sexual abuse is stopped before a child is ever harmed. Join the growing number of adults who are standing up and speaking out about child sexual abuse. When you become educated, your voice is stronger and more protective.
- Contact our Helpline to talk about a personal situation.
- Read what other adults ask the Helpline.
- Turn your fear into confidence. Learn the warning signs so you can get past the fears and silence that prevent us from taking actions to protect kids.
- Talk to your family about prevention tips to protect kids. Be ready speak up when adults cross the line.
- Talk to other adults in your community about your commitment to children’s safety.
- Explore our website and take our website survey to help us create the most effective tools for keeping children safe from sexual abuse.
- Read our Guidebooks.
- Sign up for our E-newsletter to get the latest updates.
- Take an online training or attend a conference.
- Join the conversation:
Donate to support prevention. Stop It Now! relies on individual donations to help keep our services, such as our confidential Helpline and online tip sheets and guidebooks, free. From writing a check to setting up your own fundraiser, or even just by shopping online, there are so many different ways to help!
- Online: Make a one-time gift or set-up automatic monthly donations through Classy.
- Mail: Download, print and mail your completed Donation Form with check (payable to "Stop It Now!") or credit card information. Our mailing address is 351 Pleasant St., Suite B-319, Northampton MA 01060.
- Matching gifts: Does your company have a matching gifts program? Many do, so check out how you can increase the impact of your gift with the help of your employer. Our online giving platform makes it easy... just make your donation and then check the box the employee match box!
- Named gift: Make a named gift in someone's honor! A donation can be used to congratulate or honor special events or people in your life. Your gift to keep children safe is a meaningful way to remember someone or express thanks. We will notify the honored person with a card and your personal message.
Ways to give as part of every day life…
- Goodshop: Goodshop is an online shopping mall that donates a percent of your purchase price to Stop It Now! when you shop at one of 3,000+ partner stores including top retailers like Target, Expedia, and Staples. You can also find 25,000+ active discounts and money-saving coupons so you can save money and give back at the same time!. Start by clicking here and searching for “Stop It Now!.”
- Amazon Smile: AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Stop It Now! every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price straight to Stop It Now!.
- Vehicle Donation to Any Charity (V-DAC): Do you have an old car, truck, boat or RV that’s been sitting in your driveway taking up space for too long? Why not get rid of it and support Stop It Now! at the same time! V-DAC will come pick up any vehicle - running or not – including cars, trucks, motorcycles, RV’s, boats, airplanes, heavy equipment, farm machinery, etc – you get a tax deduction, and you avoid the cost and hassle of repairing or selling a car you no longer want. Visit the V-DAC website to learn more.
- Set up your own fundraiser:
- Looking for a new way to commemorate an anniversary, or significant event or person? Ask your friends to donate to Stop It Now! instead of gifts. Through our peer to peer online fundraising platform, you can easily set up your own campaign to raise money for Stop It Now!.
- Running a marathon? Competing in an event? Hold a golf tournament! Raise money for Stop It Now! and we’ll send you a free t-shirt to train in.
- Join with your neighbors and have a garage sale, a car wash, or even a bake sale and donate the earnings to Stop It Now!. We’ll supply Stop It Now! bumper stickers.
- Casino Nights, Auctions, Talent Shows, Dances, other ideas? Contact us and tell us about your fundraiser idea, and we’ll help you get set up. Click here for some some creative ideas to get you started.
- Start a conversation within your community by sharing some of our resources. Speaking up is the first step to making kids less vulnerable to sexual abuse. Here are a few suggestions:
- Do you have kids in school? Find out about the school’s policies – read our tip sheet on questions to ask of your child's existing or prospective school.
- Do your kids play in a sports league? Read our tip sheet on sexual safety in youth sports.
- Are you part of a church group? Share this tip sheet on child sexual abuse prevention for faith communities.
- Do you have a website or blog? Add a link to the Stop It Now! website and help direct others to our resources and services.
- Learn what your state is doing legislatively to make sure that mandated reporting, consent and registration laws are focused on the best interests for children and families.
- Write letters- to local newspapers, to your legislators, on parenting blogs. Bring awareness to laws, policies and resources to help keep children safe.
- Be askable! When you share your commitment to children's safety, others may see you as a support and resource and speak up about a concern.
Use your professional and specialized skills to help us grow and reach more people. We’re looking for people with skills in google ad campaigns, website design and management, marketing and communications and with expertise knowledge in healthy sexuality, violence prevention and child sex abuse. Click here for a volunteer form.