Job Opening at Stop It Now!
Web Communications Specialist (part-time/contract position)
Stop It Now! seeks a part-time web communications specialist to coordinate the planning and development of a new Drupal website at StopItNow.org. The main responsibility is to coordinate between Stop It Now! staff and a West Coast website development firm. This position will serve as the leader of this website redevelopment project, providing strategic and technical input – and coordinating staff input – to guide site design and content revisions.
The web firm has already developed an accelerated website development plan and scope of work to relaunch our current website. The site architecture and content will be simplified and installed on an updated Drupal platform.
After the relaunch of StopItNow.org, the web communications specialist will be expected to perform standard website management functions on a part time basis. The schedule for this position is flexible, but requires the ability to have regular meetings at our Northampton MA office to facilitate face-to-face work with staff.
Major areas of responsibility:
- With staff and web developers, finalize planning (3 weeks) and coordinate implementation of a rapid development schedule (9 weeks) to relaunch the site by Fall 2014.
- Lead staff discussions and decision-making about strategic design and content input
- Work with staff and website development firm to revise proposed scope of work, including strategy, content, features and support needs
- Work with staff to develop a work plan for revising and developing site content, then coordinate implementation of this work plan
- Identify opportunities for new content and/or repurposing existing content
- Write, edit and input website content
- Monitor, report and analyze website performance using Google Analytics
- Manage community content and facilitate conversation across agency social media environments
- Manage website content, design and functionality updates on an ongoing basis
Required qualifications and experience:
- Experience working with Drupal and familiarity with web programming and development
- Highly organized and deadline driven
- Experience working with mission-driven, not-for-profit organizations
- Able to manage multiple projects, able to prioritize diverse tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong knowledge of social media tools for community development and marketing
- Knowledge of social media metrics tools
- Knowledgeable in required content management system software
- Track record of successful collaboration with other web developers
- Knowledge of best practice and experience with developing website content
- Working knowledge and experience with the installation (preferred) and the use of Google Analytics
- Able to troubleshoot user systems as required
This is a 1099 contractual position for a minimum of 10 and up to 20 hours per week, depending on site-development work plan and post-launch management needs. Possibility to develope into a long-term site management contract or part-time, hourly position after website launch. Compensation is commemsurate with skills and experience.
How to apply:
Submit applications by email to info (at) stopitnow.org with subject line “web communications specialist.” Applications must include a cover letter and resume that outlines relevant skills and experience. Please include links to examples of previous website work and desired compensation.
The review of applications will begin on June 2, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled.
Stop It Now! is an equal opportunity employer.