Freeh Report Published: Total Disregard for Children's Safety
The Special Investigative Counsel, Louis Freeh, has released his report on the investigation into how Penn State University leaders handled matters related to child sexual abuse committed by Jerry Sandusky. Their key finding of the investigation was:
"the total disregard for the safety and welfare of Sandusky’s child victims by the most senior leaders at Penn State. The most powerful men at Penn State failed to take any steps for 14 years to protect the children who Sandusky victimized."
Please read more about this latest high profile case - and our reactions to it. Then turn your outrage into actions that can prevent the sexual abuse of children in all our lives, especially before they are harmed in the first place.
- Read our Commentary on the Freeh Report: Create a Culture of Prevention
- Download the Special Investigation Report and Remarks by Louis Freeh
- Stop It Now! comments on the Sandusky Verdict
- Read our FAQs for the Jerry Sandusky trial
- Read our Commentary on Penn State-Sandusky abuse scandal
Turn your outrage into action
- Speak out using Sample Letters to the Editor for the Sandusky Verdict and Freeh Report
- Learn 5 Ways Organizations Can Keep Children Safe from Sexual Abuse
- Learn Behaviors to Watch for When Adults are with Children - and get other Warning Sign lists
- Take Everyday Actions and make a Family Safety Plan - don't wait for "proof" of child sexual abuse!
- Donate Now to Stop It Now! - 20 years of mobilizing adults, families and communities to take actions that prevent child sexual abuse