A Child Needs Your Help
Make a difference for children and families
Every child has a right to a safe and nurturing childhood. But for many children, sexual abuse is an all-too-common occurrence. In the U.S., one in five girls and one in eight to ten boys are sexually abused. It doesn’t have to be this way.
Together we can change the statistics. We know child sexual abuse is preventable. And we know that responsible adults are in the best position to keep children safe from harm.
Stop It Now!® prevents child sexual abuse by giving adults, families and communities the tools they need to take action and protect children, especially before they are harmed. We need your help to continue delivering resources, providing support, and caring for children. Please donate generously so we can end child sexual abuse together. Read our recent program accomplishments and highlights.
Stop It Now! is a tax-exempt, charitable 501(c)(3) organization (Tax ID 04-3150129). All gifts are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Your gift helps adults and communities better care for children by providing vital information, practical tools, specialized resources, and guidance to parents, professionals and all concerned adults. Here are some examples of how your gift can make a difference today.
- Your gift of $25 insures that 800 concerned adults find our Warning Signs of Sexual Abuse online – and get the relief that comes from balanced, practical information.
- Your gift of $50 provides information about neighborhood safety to 4,000 adults who are concerned about people on the sex offender registryi.
- Your gift of $100 insures that 2,000 concerned adults find our Online Help Center tool, where they can get customized answers and resources for preventing child sexual abuse.
Your donation in any amount is greatly appreciated.
Mail: Download, print and mail your completed Donation Form with check (payable to "Stop It Now!) or credit card information. Our mailing address is 351 Pleasant St., Suite B-319, Northampton MA 01060.
Phone: Call 1.413.587.3500 (Ext. 3). If you reach voice mail, please leave a message and phone number so that we can call you back to process your donation securely, or to answer any questions.
Federal and Military Workplace Giving: Through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) every fall, thousands of US federal government, military and postal service employees pledge their support to prevent child sexual abuse by supporting us. Please designate your support to us under our alternate business name, the Child Sex Abuse Prevention and Protection Center (Stop It Now!) CFC #12223.
State Employee Workplace Giving: Stop It Now! participates in state employee charity drives in selected states under our alternate business name, Child Sex Abuse Prevention and Protection Center. Contact us to find out if we participate in your state employee giving campaign.
Matching gifts: Does your company have a matching gifts program? Many do so check out how you can increase the impact of your gift with the help of your employer. Contact your employer for a matching gift form and mail the completed form to us along with your donation.
Named gift: Celebrate a birthday, promotion at work or special accomplishment by making a named gift in someone's honor! A donation can be used to congratulate or honor special events or people in your life. Your gift to keep children safe is a meaningful way to remember someone or express thanks. We will notify the honored person with a card and your good wishes.
Questions? To discuss other giving options or to make donations in-kind, of stock or by bequest, please contact us directly by phone (413.587.3500 ext. 3) or by email.
- Stop It Now! is a tax-exempt, charitable organization under IRS Code Section 501(c)(3). Our tax ID number is 04-3150129 and your gifts are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
- We value your support - and use it wisely to maximize its impact. In our most recent fiscal year, 81% of contributions supported program activities in Help Services, Prevention Education, Technical Assistance & Training, and Prevention Advocacy. Read more about our Impact and Accomplishments.
- Our audited statements and IRS tax filings are publicly available. You can view our IRS Form 990 and Audited Financial Statements (for the year ending June 30, 2012). For copies of previous year filings, visit www.Guidestar.org and search "Stop It Now, Inc." or our tax ID number (04-315012).
- We undergo regular independent reviews to certify, document, and demonstrate that it meets high standards of public and fiscal accountability, and program cost-effectiveness. Stop It Now! qualifies annually as a member of several charity federations, state employee workplace giving campaigns, and the U.S. government's Combined Federal Campaign. Stop It Now! also has a 20 year track record of grants from major foundations and public agencies.
Since 2004, Stop It Now! has continued to meet the strict standards for national program coverage and low administrative costs required for participation in the world's largest workplace giving program - the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) for employees of the US Federal Government. Federal, Military or Postal Servicee employees can join thousands of others who want to keep children safe from sexual abuse. Designate your upcoming CFC pledge to the Child Sex Abuse Prevention and Protection Center (Stop It Now!) - CFC # 12223.
Stop It Now! is a member of the Women, Children and Family Service Charities of America (WCFS) - a coalition of some of the country's most reputable national charitable organizations.
Stop It Now! is a qualified member of Independent Charities of America (ICA). The ICA Seal of Excellence indicates that Stop It Now! has undergone a rigorous independent review to certify, document, and demonstrate that it meets the highest standards of public accountability, and program and cost effectiveness. Of the million charitable organizations operating in the U.S., Stop It Now! is one of fewer than 2,000 that have been awarded the ICA Seal.
Stop It Now! was selected as one of only 45 Massachusetts charities highlighted in a special, tenth anniversary edition of the Massachusetts Catalogue for Philanthropy (2006).