April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month
The 2013 Sexual Assault Awareness Month theme is healthy sexual development and child sexual abuse prevention.
Join with us to use the resources and actions below to keep children safe from sexual abuse. Together we can Stop It Now!
What you can do now!
- Get tips and skills for Talking with Children and Teens.
- Learn about Children's Sexual Development and Behaviors.
- Find resources for Prevention in Youth Serving Organizations.
- Sign our petition to strengthen prevention for federally funded youth serving organizations.
- Purchase resources and awareness raising items in our Online Store.
- DONATE to keep our Resources and Helpline FREE to families who need help keeping kids safe.
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM). The National Sexual Violence Resource Center has SAAM resources, tip sheets and suggestions for activities. The 2013 campaign theme is healthy sexuality and child sexual abuse prevention.
- Child Abuse Prevention Month. The Child Welfare Information Gateway has a Network for Action Resource Guide with information on protective factors, resources for communities, tip sheets for parents and caregivers, and more.